UK: +44 1273 463336
Home > Voyager GPU
The Voyager GPU is a lightweight, compact, portable power source designed to start and provide auxiliary power to your helicopter.
The number one culprit for a “Hot Start” is poor battery condition. Normal aviation batteries suffer thermal and calendar degradation. Using the Voyager simply signficantly reduces the risk!
Voyager technology was developed and deployed for the US Army’s 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment. This technology is now available to the commercial aviation market, Avion Power with its Voyager product, brought to you by Eastern Atlantic Helicopters, is at the front line to bring you the latest in a safe, compact and light weight state of the art power source.
The Voyager is available in two capacities; 28V/20Ah and 28V/10Ah options, the latter weighs only 9lbs! Either unit can be used as an Auxiliary Power Unit or Ground Power Unit (GPU) for any aircraft with a NATO power receptacle (rotary or fixed wing).
- Light-weight, portable, stowable, dependable, safe
- No heavy and cumbersome power chord is required, making storage in the aircraft minimal and maintenance access on the ground unencumbered.
- Per charge = 10+ turbine starts on the 20Ah unit and 5+ turbine starts on the 10Ah
- Only 60 minutes for a full recharge (using the base charger or "in flight" charger.
- Abundant auxiliary power for maintenance, avionics, on-board medical equipment and other accessories.
- Minimal self-discharge (3% per month)
- Long life (2000 cycles or more)
- Start capabilities in any location
- More auxiliary power to run electronics in any location
- Extended life of the on-board aircraft lead-acid battery
- Less stress on turbine, starter, digital engine controls, and avionics
- Cooler, faster turbine starts
- Decreased risk of hot-starts
- Simplified, more efficient maintenance operations
Eastern Atlantic uses the Voyager day to day as a maintenance GPU in the hanger. No longer do we need a heavy or cumbersome GPU with an inconvenient and likewise heavy power cable from the aircraft to GPU trolley or battery pack. We also take one on board when landing away, it takes very little space and has basically no practical weight penalty... having been caught out with underperforming batteries in the field, there’s nothing like having reliable and light weight back up when you need it most!
"The number one culprit for a “Hot Start” is poor battery condition"
To purchase a pre-owned aircraft takes money, time and most importantly of all... confidence. Confidence in the knowledge that you are investing in the best possible helicopter available and at the right price.
Whatever you need, please get in touch with us today to discuss ways in which we might be able to help. Call us on +44 1273 463336 or click here to see our address and email details. We want to hear from you!